Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coffee Machine

First few hours of first day went in familiarizing
Expectations of the management were already rising
Boss told he wants results, profits and capital
By Good, bad, ugly or by getting physical

Finally someone asked for a break
Thanks to his wife, even boss accepted to take
Lethargically, I ambulated from here and there
Finally stopped at the coffee machine near the stairs

Espresso, premium, decaf which one, I forgot
How, till when, will I were the only thoughts
My boss came, pressed buttons and gave me a smirk
He said to get paid like the machine I should work

I stood, thinking gazed at the machine
Should I become a pet in his regime?
Suddenly someone transferred it to a take away truck
On the wall behind it was written, run away or get fucked

9 comments:

Rajpreet said...

nice one ... but u know that the coffee machine in office is free though :)

sandeep said...

I stood, thinking gazed at the machine
Should I become a pet in his regime?

like this line :)

Vikram said...

lolz thnks boss

Gopal said...

good one. i really liked the ending! what a co-incidence !!

Anonymous said...

lacks depth....

Sudip Chakraborty said...

What does the ending mean???...How can there be sumthing written on the wall behind the coffee machine??...Or is it sumthing the poet imagined to be written??

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahhahahah o dear god! Just for the record, you don't consider this a good poem do you? not even a decent poem, do you?
I want to write so much on this but where to start from!!!! I m sure you think I am critical for no reason...i hope u someday understand that such piece in itself is a big reason. so u let me know how u feel abt the poem then i let u knw how i feel.

Shambhavi said...

nice one dude!!!!really a gr8 one

Le Penseur said...

really nice dost!!