Monday, March 31, 2008

Vodka v/s Assignment

The night was becoming younger with every passing second. Stars scattered across the sky along with full moon made everything visible even at half past one in the early morning. Amidst the cries of jackals and barking of dogs,I walked on the road with a bottle of
Smirn-Off vodka wondering what to do?

With my slippers in one hand and vodka in another,I managed to bypass the watchman snoring at the front desk in Sports complex. In the absence of electricity only light illuminating my path to the roof was coming from the sky which managed to seep through every possible nooks and corners. Tube lights,bulbs of almost all rooms except few in the adjacent girl's hostel were sleeping as well. I wondered what the awakened ones were doing? Peeping through was impossible as thick curtains on their windows made view of other side nearly impossible .Even I was glad to have them there. As on full moon, probability of encountering ghosts or scary creatures was maximum.

Somehow crawled up the tin to reach the topmost point of the building, during which slippers slipped from my hands and crashed into some metal. Will the guard come into senses? Nah! said my dizzy mind, control of which was getting transfered to the alcohol running along with the blood by then. Sitting there like an owl sitting on a branch of tree for 2 hours thought about the failed relationships, screwed up projects, thinness of mine, dropping CPIs, increasing terrorism, others having sex, tons of reports which made me stand and reach the edge of the roof. With the bottle on my forehead, stretched arms bathing in the moonlight I appeared as some sort of ghost if not an angel. With my eyes closed, hands stretched in a crucifixion style I was moments and one step away from you know what.

TRING TRING ! TRING TRING! stupid mobile phone in my pocket spoiled my mood of committing s*****e.

"Hello", Irritated to the utmost extent I spoke looking at the watch which indicated some four in the early morning.

"Where are you man?" asked one of my friend loudly that even the girl in the next hostel can hear.

"I was on the top of SAC about to jump from the roof." I was determined.

"C'mon dude! You can do that some other night. I need you here right now." I guess he missed my words.

"I am jumping from the roof of SAC on the ground and not on the second roof." I repeated
to make the dolt understand.

"Why the fuck you make senseless bets? I will treat you in canteen. Come to room soon else it wont be good for you either" He was babbling without listening to me.

"What deal can be bigger than deal of mine. I am fucking jumping from here" I was loosing it.

"You forgot we need to submit the assignments of Wireless communication & VLSI first thing in the morning by 8.05am. Now get your ass down here or the professor will make your life hell enough compelling you to do s*****e." The fatso reminded me of the assingments, thoughts of which began to liberate my mind from the grip of vodka inside.

Picking my slippers from the dinner plate and placing the vodka bottle adjacent to lunch box of the watchman who was still in his deep slumber, I was on my way back to MATLAB.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it must b xprnce of lyftym... :P
lucky soul....
while readin i felt... i was witnessing da scene.....watchin da ghost ,felt da cool breeze..nd da soothing moonlite.... ossum work..
CHEERS....

Anonymous said...

wel..... u hav really made d dis situation lukd real by ur words. grt attempt bro!!! bt tel me 1 thng y did u gave d bottle to d watchman?? u could hav used it sum oder day!!